TheArtGuyUk

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
This looks like it could be the same person - 

Edited
by Jenny Harris

I saw that Jenny. It will be interesting to see if he comes back to this discussion!
England. London, Paris, Munich. Everyone talk about pop music. Guess he might wanna sing, when he should be whistling Dixie.  All that being Said, I could be wrong. He, or she, could be a covert successful art dealer, who lets everyone contact him because he has more time than Big Ben. 
I certainly hope he doesn’t whistle me when he whistles Dixie . 
I certainly hope he doesn’t whistle me when he whistles Dixie . 
Paul  (Dixie) Dean on 13/02/2024 14:06:11
I think you’d tell him where to go too
Good Afternoon Everyone, Wanted to introduce myself I work within the promotional and sale side of the art industry i am just putting my name out there for anyone who wants free tips when it comes to selling your work and how to get noticed in the current markets. I've worked in the industry for over ten years and have worked in New York, London and Paris. Im also always on the lookout for new talent.
Rhys Cross on 12/02/2024 
Good Afternoon Everyone, Wanted to introduce myself I work within the promotional and sale side of the art industry i am just putting my name out there for anyone who wants free tips when it comes to selling your work and how to get noticed in the current markets. I've worked in the industry for over ten years and have worked in New York, London and Paris. Im also always on the lookout for new talent.
Rhys Cross on 12/02/2024 
This is a warning to anyone communicating with Rhys Cross also known as Rhys Eiffert. He is a scam artist! Do not be fooled in to believing one word this guy mentions. Myself and three other individuals I’ve been communicating with have been conned by this guy. He claims to have buyers for artwork through his chain of connections on the French Riviera, none of which is true. Another scam he uses is to tell you he can boost your profile with web hosting, by creating landing pages, and through his huge social media connections, but it’s a paid service. The second you hand him any money it’s gone. He’ll not do the work and you’ll be left chasing until you realise what’s happened, you’re out of pocket. After extensive research I found his sales records and claimed connections are completely unsubstantiated and his addresses don’t check out either. I’ve had to file police reports against this guy for fraud and the others unfortunate souls who were caught out have had to do the same, he’s known to the police now so beware and avoid him at all costs. 
I wouldn't have responded to his introduction, because I've seen this sort of approach so many times before - and if they have anything at all to offer, it's always specific to the US market; if you want to penetrate that, you're probably as well off using Artfinder (I don't; I know others do). Naturally, we have no way of discriminating between genuine and bogus offers unless we've encountered them before; nor is it possible to be entirely trusting of introductions casting doubt on them - sorry to be dubious, but we just can't know. I would always say to people seeking to sell their work - do your own investigations; take advice; look for professional organizations and people with verifiable business addresses and track record.  Never go with something that looks superficially attractive, and do understand that if selling artwork was easy, those of us who have been in the market for many years would be doing it and would share that knowledge with you for nothing.  
...agree Robert.  And if anything sounds too good to be true - it usually is!
It had scam written all over it! Interesting information nonetheless from a new member!
Showing page 2 of 2