new here, hello

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
hello, my name is Tanja and I am from Switzerland. I am very impressed with the pictures here and think I can learn a lot here. I have painted much earlier once a few years, but under constraints and so I lost the desire. Now, many years later- it starts to be fun again and hey, I practice not to submit to constraints, even if it's hard. Currently, I practice different techniques, like just paint on a whim. I am a perpetual beginner I think:) but ok, that's the way it is. Forgive my English, it is not my native language;) Now I have to read my way around here a bit, see how what works, and am happy to be here. 🎨 🧑‍🎨🖊🖌🖍

Edited
by Tanja Gerster

Hi Tanja and welcome to the forum , we are a friendly bunch but occasionally it’s disrupted but we sort out any issue when we can. Be good  to have you join in some of the discussion that are going on , by the way your English far better that my or I thing many others members Swiss. We do try to help with advice when it’s asked for and don’t be shy about asking how you find thing on the site. 
Welcome Tanja, we're a friendly lot and it's nice to have you with us.
Welcome Tanja! It’s lovely to see new members getting to know the forum and it’s members. You English is good! If you struggle there is always google translate!
Hello and welcome, Tanja. You have lovely paintings in the gallery.
Thank you so much for your so kind warm welcome! I feel immediately at home here, and that you are friendly, I noticed even before I registered; it's the way of communication - friendly and respectful and empathetic:) The first stupid question I have here already technical way: How can I "quote" in the comments I get on my pictures? (not here). Do I have to insert a BB code? or do I overlooked a button with my frog eyes? 🐸
What device are you using?  I'm on a desktop pc, on which there's a Quote button at the bottom right of the screen.  I don't know how Ipads and other devices work with the site, unfortunately.  In any case, sometimes using the quote mechanism can lead to hugely long and repetitive posts: on the whole, I'd rather just say something like "in response to Montmorency's comment....", rather than reproduce the fictional Montmorency's words in full, since they're already up there, back in the thread.   Good to see new people on the site - and like you, I'm looking forward to the next stages of Dixie's Low Tide painting in Works in Progress: a good thing to do if you have the patience to stop and photograph each stage, which I rarely have; a bit easier in watercolour though, since you have to stop every now and then anyway to let the paint dry - and might just as well take a photograph while you're waiting.  
Hello Robert, thank you very much for your feedback. I didn't express myself well, I meant the comment section at the "own gallery" - see printscreen above. But probably there is indeed no replay/quote. By the way, you have a very good approach to quoting in general: you could just add a @"name": bla bla and you wouldn't have to "drag along" the whole worm extension all the time:) Some e-mails are 50 kilometers long replay-of-replay-of.....OFF please:) "You" - i mean "ones" or They...this is really Deepl Translation sorry...i dont mean "you" especially. Yes, a step-by-step documentary is really exhausting and you have to constantly jump over your shadow, ones are more "willing" to show the beautiful sides...(usually I mean). So Chapeaux for that!

Edited
by Tanja Gerster

Agree, the ‘quote’ facility creates ridiculously long and unnecessary lines of text! In the main, it’s obvious to whom you are responding to, but I do occasionally do a ‘cut and paste’ from a passage if I want to be sure, usually no more than two or three lines!