Hello Painters

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
I have developed my design further and hope it is an improvement both in functional terms and in aesthetic terms.  If you could give me feedback it would be welcome, positive and negative.  
The principal looks fine, although I’m sure I’d end up knocking it over, that’s a pretty small base if it’s full of brushes - it doesn’t look very stable! I wouldn’t recommend throwing any contaminated liquid down the sink, or drain, be it watercolour, acrylic, and definitely not turps etc! It has to be disposed of responsibly and legally.
Another thought on this design is that oil painting brushes vary considerably in the thickness of stem. Some of mine wouldn’t fit into that ‘one size fits all’ space! Unless, that is, the material is really flexible.

Edited
by Alan Bickley

Thanks for the feedback Alan.  It is water being poured into the sink.  Yes it is a very flexible material, but would only allow for 2 millimetres larger,  the soft ring that fits onto the product would be very easy to replace and more rings with varying sizes or a dedicated ring for much larger oil brushes could be manufactured.  The base could be made bigger and could possibly be available in 2 sizes, the possible stability issues I will also look into.  Do you think that the aesthetic is suitable? Thanks, Gareth
Yes, Gareth, aesthetically it looks good, just needs a more stable base and some small tweaks.
Showing page 3 of 3