Jackson's Artist Oil Paints.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Always interesting, these threads!  I've rarely used Old Holland paints, but an online friend of mine, the late Ken Bushe, did - he was particularly keen on Golden Barok Red (I think that was the name, anyway).  But at the time - Ken died a few years ago now - I was strapped for cash and couldn't run to the highest grades of paint: he suggested Lukas 'something' - i.e. it wasn't just the basic Lukas brand - as a good, economical paint.  Since then, Lukas is another brand, like Winsor and Newton, to be swallowed up by the Colart monolith; but I hope the 'recipes' haven't changed.  Worth looking out for if Michael Harding and Old Holland are beyond the present reach of our wallets - might it have been Lukas 825, or something similar?  Anyone know?  I'll try to find out - I'm OK for paint at the moment, though - as if one ever is.....   More boards coming!   Now, what the Hell am I going to paint.......? 
Well if I lived on the IOW, I’d be more than inspired by the many coastal scenes that are in abundance, and I’ve painted lots of them myself over the years.  They're particularly appealing to me during the winter months, wild and rugged! Your area is particularly appealing for me, Freshwater Bay and that area. These would be my go to subject, difficult at present of course with restricted movement. And of course having transport does help! I’ve never tried Lucas oil paints so unable to comment. I do have a good selection of OH oils though which are really impressive, and on a par with MH in my opinion - or very close! Obviously, whilst I’m enjoying testing these Jackson’s oils, I’m not comparing them in any way to the brands that I’ve just mentioned - they’re in a different league, as reflected in the price.
It's choosing a subject from those available that's the trouble.   I suppose I could always do a Bob Ross, and paint a mountain; but - I won't.  I was trying to find the Lucas brands of oil paint last night, but dropped off the sleep in the midst of doing so, trapped in the enormous Great Art website.  Will try again today.

This post has been removed as it violates our forum rules and guidelines.

Spam not art related. Reported 
Looks like every topic has been spammed. I've reported a few. Edit to correct auto smelling pistake!

Edited
by Colin Berwick

Showing page 2 of 2