Details on city landscape photos

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
It's worrying because these chatbot things are bound to become even more sophisticated as they develop. 
Yes, and they have the drawback of making one suspicious of new people; but I give them a chance - just the one; then descend.  Think of Count Dracula, though he wasn't famous for giving anyone a chance.    They aren't yet a big problem - vigilance can check them.  But they are already a damn' nuisance; I hope they don't get too much cleverer than I am.... but am conscious that's not necessarily the huge leap I like to think it.
Drawing a city street in deep perspective is difficult to do well. Any errors in the perspective seems to be magnified. You’re also hoping to paint a Venetian street, and the elaborate architecture is a further challenge. It may be better to paint the buildings freehand rather than use a ruler. The details may be uneven, but it gives the picture life and movement. Another way is to just paint a single palazzo without  perspective - as if you are stood in front of the building. There  won’t be much sensation of depth, but it can still make a good painting. I recently did an iPad drawing of Venice using this method. 

Edited
by Keith Orange

Gone just like that , you can remove a photo by clicking at the side of it and pressing the button you use for deleting. I can do it to your post as a Moderator as any of the other Moderators can , we only do so if requested or as in your case you wanted to but could not. If you go to the end of your post you can now add the correct photo , hope this is of help .
Drawing a city street in deep perspective is difficult to do well. Any errors in the perspective seems to be magnified. You’re also hoping to paint a Venetian street, and the elaborate architecture is a further challenge. It may be better to paint the buildings freehand rather than use a ruler. The details may be uneven, but it gives the picture life and movement. Another way is to just paint a single palazzo without  perspective - as if you are stood in front of the building. There  won’t be much sensation of depth, but it can still make a good painting. I recently did an iPad drawing of Venice using this method. 
Keith Orange on 04/02/2024 14:08:27
Thank you Keith for your comment ! I will keep in mind the perspective when choosing a reference photo next time. The canvas being too small was also part of the issue and made handling the details difficult. At least, I learned something, even if the painting didn't turn out as well as i wished :)
If you are looking for ways to paint scenes of Venice, including the architecture, study the paintings of Ken Howard RA. He was the master of depicting these scenes, and his approach to capturing light is amazing!
Showing page 2 of 2