Artists & Writers! Enter the Broadway Arts Festival Open Art & Short Story Competitions
The entry deadlines are approaching for two competitions being run by Broadway Arts Festival.
The Julia & Martin Wilson Short Story Prize
Last year Broadway Arts Festival launched a new short story prize in order to encourage creativity during the lockdown. With an increased prize pot and now 2 prizes for under 18s, entries need to be a maximum of 2,000 words with up to two entries allowed per entrant. The prizes are:
- Main prize (over 18s): £400
- Ages 14-18yrs: £100
- Age 13 and under: £50
Entry deadline is March 31st
The Open Art Competition
The all new open art competition is open to any artist, in any medium including painting, photography, sculpture, drawing, ceramics, textiles, printmaking and film.
Artists’ work that is selected for the final judging stage will be exhibited in an exclusive selling exhibition at Theatrebarn in Bretforton during the Festival from 4 -13 June 2021.
- Main prize £1000 (any medium) sponsored by Wychavon District Council
- Painting in Oils Prize £500 sponsored by Trinity House Gallery
- Watercolour Prize £500 sponsored by John Noott Galleries
- Sculpture Prize £500 sponsored by Priory Gallery
- Prize for best entry from a recent Fine Arts graduate £500 sponsored by The Stratford Gallery
Photography Categories sponsored by the Peter Martin Gallery
- Best Photographic Essay – Surviving Isolation in the Year of Covid (between 5 and 8 images to be submitted). Prize £500
- Best Photographic Portrait – The Face of 2020. Prize £250
- Best Photographic Image – How 2020 Impacted my Life. Prize £250
The entry deadline is April 23rd.
The entry forms and details for both competitions can be found at www.broadwayartsfestival.com
The festival, taking place in and around Broadway in June, is widely considered to be the premium arts festival in The Cotswolds. There is something for everyone regardless of interest, age or artistic ability. It attracts celebrity speakers, nationally renowned artists, award-winning outdoor theatre productions and world-class musicians.
Tickets go on sale to the general public through the website at 10am on Friday 9th April.
For more details and to purchase tickets visit: www.broadwayartsfestival.com
Image credit: Shoreline, Gairloch by Jane Lampard