The Girls From Oltenia

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
I’m a self taught artist Lucian when I say I have no knowledge of art what I mean is I have no formal training so discussing styles etc is awkward so is placing painting into categories.
Paul  (Dixie) Dean on 02/09/2022 12:24:35
Why do you think it's awkward, Paul? Judging by the info you constantly present in the Inspiration from artists topics, you seem to quite well-informed about styles that belong to a wide variety of art movements.
This is one I did a while ago for a sketch book collaboration.  This guy was in Colwyn Bae Mountain Zoo .

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

Parrots always been within my favourites birds for sure. As a child I've had the little ones to look after, then I had the half bigger ones for long time too. Later on, as my passion grew up, I did meet a parrot enthusiast and breeder too at a local birds show. With my friend we were visiting him frequently, giving a hand to look after his birds, it was a joy to us, and a welcomed appreciation to him... I had a dream back then, to build up an external enclosure, to let my birds fly freely, enjoy the life a bit better in comparison to rather tight bird cages. One day I may get back to my dream yet, who knows, lol ... *By the way, a fewer days ago I spot a man with large Ara on his arm walking down the street... What an impression, you can imagine Sylvia ;)
Lucian Hodoboc on 02/09/2022 07:49:50
Hi Lucian, you know I'm newbie so don't expect me to put anything wise in here. The one thing that I'm impressed most is detailed scarves on their heads, beautiful colours, details, very attractive to my eyes.
There is a suggestion - and I think someone else said this - of the New World in your paintings Lucian: the colour and boldness are suggestive of Diego Rivera and Frieda Kahlo; but I think - as I know I've said before - that this style of yours is pure Hodoboc: it's distinctive, and is not easily or neatly to be categorized.   Incidentally, while you and Sylvia have not always got on - her love of colour and yours do bind you both together, as her splendid parrot (possibly intended for another thread) proves.  
The scarves have been done beautifully.

Edited
by Denise Cat

Wonder how long the painting took to dry. How long did this take you, out of curiosity? What I love about this painting is how you've managed to make the facial impressions paint a picture in themselves. Keep up the excellent work. Even if you are not "artistic", painting is about connecting with your inner self and the scenery around you. 
Showing page 3 of 3