My wife likes it but I don't.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Here's a piece (on the left) from a photo I took in Greece. I was trying to work more loosely, wet in wet, inspired / intimidated by Joseph Zubukvic and Brian Smith. My wife likes it, I don't.  Please pull it apart. It's not precious. I'm too close.
What’s the point of pulling it apart when you don’t need to? I’m with your wife here Owen. I like it a lot, it’s got a loose style, windows etc are not precise, my eye travels up to the rather vibrant assortment of colours along the street. My first feeling was “ oh I do like this “ so there you go - frame it!
Lovely painting Owen, bright, fresh and I really like the colours you have used. Great sketch also.
Always be guided by your wife. 
A great sentiment Robert.
I am wondering, Owen, if you don't like it simply because the finished painting does not match what you had in your head when you started.  That doesn't mean it lacks merit, as your wife, and several of us POL aficionados can see.
I’m with the team it’s a good painting , just obey her indoors it much easier honestly. 
Turn it to the wall for a few weeks and look at it again….if you still don’t like it try a bit of loose pen work on it.    I think it’s great.
Thanks everyone. That's the beauty of asking others, you see it with fresh eyes.  I will leave it alone.