Better or ruined

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
My first attempt in oils.  Alan kindly advise some more light into the forest floor but I think Ive made a mess of it.  All comments gratefully received.
Much improved! Now mix that strong (lemon) green and dot a few more patches of dappled light in several more places. Don’t overdo it though! It’s getting there...
Love it! The green in the forest floor just brings it to life.
The forest floor is looking really good with the addition of the light.
Great advice from Alan, Hilary, the forest floor looks great. 
You'll always get good advice from Alan - and you most certainly haven't made a mess of it.  (You're probably wondering if sometimes, some of us say this sort of thing in order to be 'nice', or even just encouraging.  Well, for the record - if I think something was a ghastly mistake, bearing in mind it's already been made, I tend to say nothing - out loud, anyway.  So - while I'm all for being encouraging, I'm not one for being nice if I think something has gone really wrong.  So take me word for it - t'is a big improvement.)
Thanks everyone for your comments and encouragement, so appreciated.  Alan by the time you replied I had downed brushes for the day but will indeed mix some more lemon/green and apply, hopefully not too much!  Robert, thank you. 
I think the second is a massive improvement!
Share this on https://artdesign.social/news-feed/ !