Alicante Town Hall

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I thought I'd better post this as finished or I'll be tinkering with it for months. It's based on a view of Alicante from a trip a couple of years ago, and I wanted to try and capture the contrast of the cold lighting on the exterior of the building with the warm glow from the courtyard. It's in oils on board, 18 inches x 12. Thanks to Alan, Marjorie, Linda, Helen, Robert and Denise for the tips and encouragement, much appreciated.

Edited
by Darren Franklin

There’s a lot of interesting detail going on here, but not overdone. I must confess that I hadn’t expected it to turn out like this, it’s excellent in all respects!
That's absolutely brilliant Darren, wonderful light coming from the courtyard, a great result from your earlier posting 🤗
Brilliant!  Excellent result!
It's a super painting, Darren!
You've made huge progress with this, and produced a very satisfying painting to crown all your hard work.  
Stunning.
Wow.  That's really, really good!
Thanks everyone for the comments and tips. Insires me to try to find the time to do more than two paintings a year!