Woodlands Autumn.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I decided to paint this scene on A3 canvas it a scene that I have done small scale before.  I posted the photograph some  time ago and offered it up for painting some members did do a superb job of it . The photo is one I took about eight years or more ago , when I was working in the woodlands as a Ranger for the National Trust at Pulpit Hill in Buckinghamshire.  The Trust used it on the home page of Hughenden Manor , within a few day they had many enquiries as to where the location was and requests to copy the photo.  I haven’t done this particular piece so large or on loose canvas , just hope it works out , I don’t want it as detailed as I normally do. Hope you don’t mind my sharing the progress with you. The photo, initial sketch and then base colours. 
Look forward to seeing your take on this Paul.
So do I Marjorie, just hoping I don’t make a mess of it.  Bit more base colours and marking out the main features. 
It's a stunning g scene Paul, looking forward to the finished painting.
Be careful where you put your mug of tea Paul - I speak from painful experience! There are some lovely colours in that photo's, it's a super scene.
Of course we don't mind you sharing your progress!  Far from it.  Best of luck with it, you've taken on quite a challenge, but then if we don't do that now and then, we stay stuck in sleepy hollow!
It is a beautiful scene, and looking forward to seeing your progress.
Thank you all for your comments, I’m just hoping I don’t fall flat on my face { I’m ugly enough as it is}.