WIP..... had to move downstairs!

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
One of three (larger than I'm used to) paintings I've recently been tasked to do.... This is a 'just-retired' policeman friend of my dad's. (76cm / 30" square) It looks a dogs dinner at the moment,.. and the house bricks have been sending me a bit crazy already...  There's to be some lyrics from a song by the Clash in there, which I think would look ok down the left, in the pavement slabs
Apologies for the double post!! I had an 'unexpected error' when trying to complete! 😱
Looks to me like a very fine piece of work, Helen.   Looking forward to seeing where you go with it.  
I agree with Robert. Looks smashing so far, pardon the pun! I wouldn’t want to lose much of the pavement which I really like.  Excellent perspective Helen.
Made some progress on this. My husband thought it would be a cool idea to have these three lads loitering in the street behind..
Brilliant idea from the hubbie - it's helped a lot with the dynamic of the painting. I bet you'd call yourself one of these 'self-taught amateurs', if asked - you do know, I hope, that you're anything but an amateur.  This is professional grade work. 
Thank you so much Robert. I've sent the photo to the chap and he's thrilled with it so far (including the three loitering), 'phew'. Always an anxious moment when you're given free reign on a picture and hope the recipient is pleased with what you've done. This was one of the largest things I've painted... until yesterday, when another chap who's seen my smaller paintings in my local pub (cows etc), and wants a 4ft x 3ft painting of his scaffolding lorries 😱😱. (I hope he polishes them before he takes photos of them!)

Edited
by Helen Martell

Excellent painting Helen, the three additional figures really do add so much . As Robert has said it’s a very professional looking , I’m looking forward to seeing the scaffolding trucks , that will be fun but you can manage it with your skill. 
Sorry digit problems or it’s so good I said it twice .

Edited
by Paul (Dixie) Dean

Share this on https://artdesign.social/news-feed/ !
Share this on https://artdesign.social/news-feed/ !