Trying it a different way

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Thank Art  and Tessa, I signed it yesterday just before going out something I do when it’s finished , but on returning I want to do just a bit more on the wall. I don’t think I will get it done today as I’m at last seeing the consultant about my hand . I’m hopefully he will look at my so called good hand as I had a accident yesterday a slipped flat on my back landing on my good hand . The workmen had let mud and water slip down the road and as I stepped out of a shop it was oops mate mind that. Will post it tomorrow on the gallery when I’m happy with it. 
Paul  (Dixie) Dean on 12/01/2023 08:55:15
What you have done so far looks very good Paul.

Edited
by George Cutter

I agree. No better subject than a stone wall and trees!
Thank you George and Tessa. The finished painting just about to put in on the gallery. A3 watercolour paper painting inset is 23cm x35 cm . I really enjoyed doing this painting, I think it’s the structure of the tree that I found really relaxing to do. 
Let there be colour! I like your stonework especially. More of these please. I was looking at the feed from Lachlan Goudie - the TV arts presenter.  Who clearly is a fan of the Scottish Colourists...as am I.  This is one of his: Acrylic here - he often uses gouache too.  His twitter account is https://twitter.com/lachlangoudie and shows plenty more like this.  So go for colour!
I love Lachlan Goudie’s paintings. I believe his exhibition is still on at the Scottish Gallery.2 mins and I’ll have a look. Yes, it is. Go to The Scottish Gallery and you can take a tour of his exhibition. It’s worth it. P.s. Have a good look around the gallery, there’s a fantastic coastal painting by Joan Eardley and more Lachlan. I love his Still Lifes - yes, very Peploe and co.

Edited
by Marjorie Firth

Marjorie, why don’t you do an introduction to Lachlan Goudie on the Artistic Inspirations thread.  Paul will add him to the list if you ask - he’s always looking for more people to get involved.  I also really like his work.  And maybe Peploe as well?  Don’t think we’ve looked at any of the Scottish Colourists yet.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

You did paint this very well, and I agree - the shape of the foreground tree is making the whole view very interesting and pleasant. It seems waterpainting takes much less time to finish, than oils ;) I did mention it, because mine work is taking ages ;) Congratulations Paul!
Showing page 2 of 2