RS1600i and Focus RS WIP

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 4
Looking so good Anth,  I’m always amazed at the quality of the paint work on the cars. I was showing my son in law some of your work, he thought they were photos at first, he was more convinced when he look at your WIP.
Cheers Paul! The paint work on this one was a bit more straightforward than usual because of the flat black areas, but I still had to guess the colours for the reflected surfaces so that kept me alert :)
After a fairly full-on first week at my new job, picked the brushes up again last night: A lot of the Ford Focus is going to be a mix of guesswork and combining/manipulating several daytime images, so that’s going to be fun!
Progress! The good thing about moving my work computer upstairs is that I’m right next to my easel 😁 I’ve darkened the Focus down and I think it’s hanging together better now.
It’s looking so good Anth.
Cheers Paul! The Focus had me worried but I think it’s heading in the right direction now.
SWMBO was out tonight so sat myself down with a can of Monster, two Fontaines D.C. albums on repeat, and finally broke the back of this one: Been fretting about finishing the Focus’s bodywork but finally bit the bullet and got it finished. Just the headlights and some detail on the radiator and Ford badge and I’m calling it done.
Finished this one off tonight: Just sent it off to the owner so we’ll see what he has to say :)
That is really fabulous. I know how difficult it is to get these right.  Gives me something to inspire to!
Absolutely superb Anth.
Thanks both, really appreciate that!
Brilliant work - not much more to be said!  
Showing page 3 of 4