Painting Iris (flowers).

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Thank you Sylvia, I have decided to take a photo o the painting and post it as it is , it’s the encouragement of you three and Gillian that’s persuade me  to leave it alone. I would in all honesty have probably fiddled with it more and spoilt the look no matter how long I have painted and don’t know how many paintings I have spoilt ,I just can’t resist having a fiddle . Should have that as my epitaph , he fiddled around once to much , don’t know now I see it in writing could mean many other things 
Two photos of the finished painting showing the different in where you take the photos first is in more direct like laid on the floor and photo cropped, second slightly darker area on the easel photo cropped . Both look ok but the second photo is nearer to the actual colours . The third photo was taken yesterday and isn’t bad true to the original colour.
Paul, I meant to comment on this yesterday.  It’s amazing how different the same painting can look when photographed in a different light.  I sometimes select autocorrect from the edit function on my iPad which often helps, but otherwise it’s just a matter of taking loads of photos until you get one that looks right.  I do like the last one you posted above, it has a nice vibrancy to it.  Lovely colours in the petals.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

I agree. Weather permitting I try to take mine outside but not in strong sunlight. I usually take a few and chose or tweak to get the best and most accurate. It is certainly surprising how much difference you see but quite useful at times, as it can point out something more you might do tonally to complete the work.

Edited
by Tessa Gwynne

Showing page 2 of 2