Newcastle Haymarket

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Comfort zone? No! Am trying to produce a “ not too tight” view of the Monument, Newcastle Haymarket. Palette knife out tomorrow I think.

Edited
by Marjorie Firth

You don't shirk a challenge, Marjorie, do you?  I'd say though that you've done the most difficult bit, and the rest should just be consolidation - don't you love that "just"?   I'm all for "not too tight" - I shan't say any more, though, because you don't need it: I know you won't let looseness triumph over necessary definition - never easy though, is it, to determine how much attention to give to areas beyond the focal point ..... I look forward to seeing where you go with this.  
Goodness what a challenge indeed Marjorie, and it’s looking really impressive. Looks a grand view.
Marjorie I've never have tried to do any view like you doing in here. I'm not doing buildings or such at all, and I think I know the reason well - it would be going out of my comfort zone for sure ;) I'm enjoining your progress and concept a lot, it's looking very interesting already!
I am liking the view Marjorie.
I’ve done all I can , maybe next time I’ll be happier with the result. The monument is the focus,  it was the rest I struggled with.
Wel it’s turned out beautifully I think we’ll done you , such a hard subject and you tackled it .