New drawing ...Critique please.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
The trees are well balanced throughout, apart from the R/H side one which is cut in half, better to have a full trunk, even if it’s close to the edge. Paths and fences etc that run almost parallel to the bottom of the painting are usually best avoided… better to create a ‘lead in’ to take the viewer’s eye into the painting. You’ve sort of got away with it here, but one for the future Christine. Perhaps a more blue/grey colour would have been better for the distant trees, but I’m probably nitpicking here, you may be depicting autumnal colours! If you are, try variations of burnt sienna, raw sienna, raw umber earth colours instead.  Altogether a decent landscape and a good follow up to your previous post.
Alan Bickley on 09/02/2023 16:01:22
Thankyou Alan you have made an old lady very happy & confident. I took the advice I was given, I'm taking references from my photos then use my imagination but I now sketch out my ideas, I think this is making an improvement in my Painting  i think. I'm practising my greens and trying to use my sketchbook when an idea for a landscape enter my head. So thankyou for all your help. Be safe xCx
The cropped version is lovely.
Denise Cat on 09/02/2023 10:18:34
Thank you honey x
Showing page 2 of 2