Just buzzing about

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
How stupid can some people be! So sorry to hear what happened Paul! I’m not sure how I would have reacted in those circumstances but I sure wouldn’t have been happy 
Such a shame Paul, you had obviously put some work into it. Maybe you can just crack on and make it work or start afresh.
That’s really annoying Paul, however I’ve just been reading a Jackson’s newsletter and the artist Ann Witheridge says she uses coffee in her sketchbooks to provide a base for her sketches as she hates painting on a pure white surface.  I’m gonna have to try it. Maybe you could tint the background, let it dry and carry on?  Only half serious as I know how frustrating this must be. :-)
Thank you all for your kind words, unfortunately it’s definitely beyond recovery. I did get some of the coffee out of the unpainted areas but unfortunately it looks like it’s a painting slops pot , can’t even pass it off as a rainbow gone wrong.  I will give it a bit of time then have another go as I was beginning to enjoy it. I had a phone call late evening asking if he could replace the sheet of paper, unfortunately he really cannot see how cross I am about , he seem to be of the opinion it’s only a bit of paint and paper. I told him there was no need , thinking I’d shove it where the sun doesn’t shine if you dare bring me a sheet.  Ah well worse thing happening in the world so onwards etc. 
I take it you won’t be inviting him back anytime soon Dixie! What an idiot, and offering to buy a new sheet of paper just adds to the insult. Maybe suggest he gets you an expensive pack or pad of the finest watercolour paper!  Still as you say, onward and upward, and avoid golfers…
I don’t think he will come near me at the moment Tessa, unfortunately his poor wife is so upset about it and is fuming with him . This was taken a short while before it was ruined , I will keep this as a reference for the next attempt.
Oh gosh it’s lovely, or was! What a shame.  Maybe do something different and then go back to it? 
Trouble with people that don't paint is they have no idea of the time and emotional investment. The attitude would have upset me more than the damage. What a shame all round.   
So right Collette , Neighbour went to an exhibition I was involved in in theatr Clwyd and made a comment about prices."...but why do they charge so much , they are only amateurs ".  No idea about time, materials , framing and commissions.   Grrrrr
Oh Paul no wonder you were upset! Your painting was coming along so well, which makes his actions and lack of thought so much worse. As Collette said, others don’t appreciate how much time, effort and emotion we put into our paintings. I’m glad you’ve at least got a photograph, but so sorry it has happened. 
Oh that is such a shame. (I would have been too polite in the same situation, but then later vented my spleen at the husband or my mum!!) I can’t see the point of golf, to be honest!
Thank you for your kind words I really appreciate them. I’m planning on reattempting the painting but need to cold off a bit as I don’t think I will do it justice. 
Showing page 2 of 2