Joe’s Jollopy

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 4 of 4
The finished painting is in the gallery Lucian you can view it there or a couple of pages back on this thread .
Oh, yeah, I just saw it. I forgot to look past page one when I posted yesterday. I think it is a really beautiful work. Did you sell it?
Thank you Lucian . No I haven’t sold it’s one of the many I do for pleasure if someone’s asks for it I will sell it to them but I don’t advertise my work most of it is seen at the workshops I lead and occasionally I sell a painting . The market for art is so depressed at the moment not a good time to be pushing my stuff out there . I always pleased if someone likes my work and asks to buy it , unfortunately I’m not a good salesman and don’t push enough . I also have a sense of loss when I do a painting and it sells or I give it away it like a bit of me goes with it somehow. 
Well, I think you're very talented, and you should consider promoting your art. If you don't already have an artist website and a presence on social media, you should look into building one.
Thank you Lucian but I’ve reached the tender age of 75 and I’m not technically minded not in the world of internet etc. I’m more than happy if people like my work and comment on it . I get a lot of pleasure from teaching others to paint that sometimes brings a occasional sale which I’m always surprised at am obviously very pleased . I honestly could not be bothers with all the hassle and fuss of packing and sending painting etc nor the necessary paperwork for the tax man. 
Showing page 4 of 4