Homage to Eric.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Well I do seem to have started a conversation which is always a good thing.  I hope my pictures don't upset anyone, I always make sure the naughty bits are covered up. If you look at my gallery quite a lot of the pictures are landscapes and trains but I have to admit having to fight the impulse to keep painting pretty girls.............along with nearly every male artist since at least Roman times and probably before!

Edited
by Peter Smith

Your pics did not offend me at all Peter.
Peter I have to say I prefer your painting to the digital version which I think is just OTT. I just wonder if one of us ladies (or anyone else) painted some oversized and exaggerated male tackle what the reaction would be! ( and no I’m not going to, but someone here might… Good to discuss isn’t it?
Good - in that case I'll keep painting them!! 
Sorry Tessa, we seem to have posted at the same moment. There are some female figure pictures on the gallery from a few days ago that I find quite disturbing - I commented on one last week but there was no reply. They don't offend me but I do wonder about the wellbeing of the artist. It's not Eric, I really like his stuff...it's very much fantasy though and not like what I do.  Unless we start censoring the gallery there's not much we can do about it, we just have to trust the good sense of those posting. Generally that works very well, it's only the odd exception.
Same wavelength Peter.   Probably same guy.   I see what you mean about censorship and applying it.  Probably an impossible task.   A bit of common sense should be used.   I'm sure there are sites where they would be welcomed....
Another MM maybe? If so I’ve been very tempted to complain but know he has MH problems and so probably best to ignore.
" By the..Bulging buttocks and beach-ball bresticles..." sounds almost like an oath from Pirates of the Carribean. (-:   Makes a change from plant pots and parrots I suppose, but all things in moderation never went far wrong for me. I did think about posting a "Will the real Michael please stand up?" though. Art, wonderful innit...(-: 
Showing page 2 of 2