First painting since school 28 years ago.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Just wanted to share, and get a little feedback.
Not finished as I'm not happy with the feet ot the moss. It's done on an a4 ply board with acrylic. 
This is coming along beautifully, you picked a quite difficult subject to get back into painting but your doing a great job of it. 
Love it, well done!  Don't think I could do this if I'd had a 28 year lay-off - not entirely confident I could do it now, to be honest.... and I haven't seen a Nuthatch since I was at primary school, some 65 years ago (probably longer, I just hate counting..).  One suddenly appeared on a tree trunk next to the school gate - I watched it, and made myself late: Miss Broomfield, though, was completely understanding, on the 'oh, I wish I'd been there!' front; amazing what one remembers, if prompted.   Miss Broomfield had a voice like a foghorn, once prompted to bellow - but she loved nature. and thanks to her, I'm sure many of us came to love it too.  One of my happier memories from school, not all of which were that positive...
You are doing a fantastic job of it. Well done.
Thank you all
Finished