End of summer

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Soft pastels on Art spectrum colourfix  I would appreciate any comments on this please
Hi Lindsey Is it still WIP? I'm not an expert, so I can only say that I like it exceptionally well, a fantastic color scheme!
Ditto to what Tanja says, I think the colours are delightful. Is it progressing or are you complete? If you are progressing, my thoughts would be do you want to have a main focal area or strong focal point, as I feel I don't 'rest' anywhere...perhaps more detail on the nearest trunk?, or more definition on ground level elements in the foreground? I am loving the treatment of light, and how you pull the viewer into and through the scene, so perhaps my suggestion won't work for you if you don't wish focus in the foreground. Keep us posted
I'm not much of an authority on pastels - but one thing I did notice here is that you've got a face in your main tree on the left (quite an interesting one - it looks as if the tree is having very sharp words with its neighbours).  I did something similar in a painting - well, two paintings: a cliff that looked like an old gent lying down for a snooze, and a cloud that bore a resemblance to the Honey Monster.  You don't see them at the time - sometimes one doesn't see them at all, until another points it out. If you can see it, you might not mind it; I wonder if you can. Apart from that, I echo the others' comments; I'm not worried by a lack of focal point, though I see what Gerry means.
I like it! Well most of it anyway… The trees are well drawn and there’s an interesting range of colours here - not necessarily authentic natural colours, but that’s irrelevant in painting, they don’t need to be, and all adds to the charm in this piece! Focal points aren’t essential, but can help. My eye goes from right to left, so I’d make the angled tree (that Robert speaks of), more prominent and upright, get rid of those two saplings, they aren’t needed - finally, drop in a touch of lighter, possibly less purple colour between the newly drawn left tree, up to its neighbour on the right..  that will give you your focal point!
Beautiful work! The trees are skillfully rendered with a captivating array of colors, adding charm to the piece. Enhancing the angled tree's prominence and eliminating the saplings could create a more defined focal point. 
I'm just fancy the colours you've chosen very much... I'm not sure what else can I say other than it's very interesting perspective and autumn colours 👍
What lovely colours as Alan said not authentic but so what.. I also agree with the saplings being  superfluous and sadly they are too twiggy like and just stuck in the ground.  Also look at how your trees are actually growing they look a bit just placed in position ,trees have roots and the roots are often above ground giving substance to the base... why not put it on the gallery for more opinions.
I love your artwork. I would like to see more :) Short Version: Craft supply overload! Kids rarely craft at home, relying on a co-op's Flex Lab for creative outlets. Need help paring down. I recently explored UKWritings for nursing essay help, and I found their services to be reliable and efficient. The content was well-researched, and the delivery was prompt. However, for those seeking additional assistance, I recommend considering two alternative platforms. First, check out https://ukwritings.com/nursing-essay-help for their specialization to write my nursing essay and a track record of delivering high-quality content. Exploring these options might provide you with the variety and specialization you're seeking for your nursing essay needs.

Edited
by Nellie Garcia