Claybord experiment [No.3]

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
It is quite beautiful as it is! But I now miss that lovely shot of blue and purple you had in the previous photo 😀
This is superb Art the detailing is excellent. 
This is coming along nicely, Pog. All the best with your refurbishments, they can eat up a day. 
I see a man who's got right back into his stride!  This is looking really good.  
Looking great. 
This is beautiful Art!
I'm so busy with the house, lol, shopping too, lol, the new el.cooker was delivered just yesterday... Damaged though! They'll exchange it hopefully, but at 10th Feb not earlier... I did some minor progress on the painting, so JUST NOW I realised I've received this many beautiful comments!? Lol! I wasn't aware! - sorry for late THANK YOU from my side dear friends ;) Helen you won't be much happier with this update I'm afraid... ;) The blue-ish spot is vanished... I did like it too, but it was base blocking only with remainings of the paint, so I was just blocking in the background with left over paint... Now, as work goes on, I'm applying additional layers of green-ish foliage - it brings me closer to desired look - sorry Helen ;) Paul thank you very much ;) Just trying my best as usually to make it the way I like... Carol I wish it was a day, lol! They said upto 10 days lol lol lol ;) Full kitchen, new cabinets, floor, painting walls... Then other team will be exchanging all the windows and entrance doors lol ! Thank you for complimenting the painting progress ;) Robert thanks a lot!  I'm really enjoying wildlife, this is like water for fish to me ;) Painting people giving me headache, lol, it's my weak side, so I'm painting faces to fight back the fear of it ;) But I love to do so, it's just not coming naturally to me as wildlife does ;) Collette thank you very much for your attention to it ;) Gillian thank you dear, I wish it'll turn up as nice as I wish when finished ;) ● I did paint today the single strokes mimicking bird's features, especially on the belly, but around its body too... Just white paint, I'll glaze over these strokes. I'm trying to build up the fundation/definition and detail by doing so. I moved further to the right with green-ish foliage as planned (sorry Helen!). I'm building up the branch texture too, at every session by applying left over paint. I hope you will still like it, the way I'm progressing?
Some of you are aware, that my kitchen is being refurbished by agency workers (I'm renting it). Even though I'm being home, the rubbish around is discouraging, and I was struggling to get motivated do some painting... They're not working weekends, so I've managed to move my brushes a bit. To warm up my laziness, I did some bits over the Raven's study, and this little fellow too. I'm trying to work out my favourite technique to paint feathers. I do like my wildlife to be photorealistic, this creates extra difficulties to follow the reference...

Edited
by PogArt MasSter

I love the colours throughout, the soft pinks and greens which don’t compete with the lovely delicate little bird.
I love the colours throughout, the soft pinks and greens which don’t compete with the lovely delicate little bird.
Marjorie Firth on 11/02/2023 17:23:59
Thank you Marjorie. I'm usually avoiding such complicated backgrounds, as I feel it's out of my safe zone, but at this case the background is actually fulfilling the whole concept... I'm glad you like it so far, and thanks for keen words 😊
Showing page 3 of 3