A start

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
I've never done a paid commission but I've done pictures for family and friends and of family and friends and the stress is unbelievable!
Peter Smith on 25/01/2023 18:44:32
That's right, it's the pressure to get the portraiture done as good as possible, or else ... ;)
Ungrateful lot Pog....tell yourself "no more".
I've done a few commissions - can you paint my dog, a particular botanical study etc, and make it clear to the person before I start, if you're not happy with the result you are under no obligation to buy the painting. More practice for me. 
Ungrateful lot Pog....tell yourself "no more".
Sylvia Evans on 25/01/2023 19:30:25
It's exactly what I did , lol ;) Just painting for my own pleasure now, lol ;)

Edited
by PogArt MasSter

I've done a few commissions - can you paint my dog, a particular botanical study etc, and make it clear to the person before I start, if you're not happy with the result you are under no obligation to buy the painting. More practice for me. 
Carol Jones on 25/01/2023 19:42:49
And I did similar offers too, like no win no fee lol ;) It is fair play, isn't  ;)

Edited
by PogArt MasSter

I have spent all day doing a bit of newspaper background. Had a couple of attempts on paper first before doing it on the panel. I think it's one of the most difficult things I've ever done. I've decided I'm officially crazy.   
Maybe but it looks so good . 
Well you might be a crazy, but who's not? ;) The newspaper thing is something I wouldn't dare to do, lol ;) It requires a lot of focus and deliberate will to go for it Collette! I'd say - well done!!! It's impressive, it really is! I love it ;) Do you plan do some more around? ;) ;) ;) Your newspaper reminds me doing tattoos some time ago... My friend is laying on the beech, and he's got large sentence written on his chest, two other tattoos on his arm... Forget the arm! Lol... The writing had to follow his chest curves, letters were gently bended... Lol! I promised to myself - never again hahahaaa  ;)
Thank you so much Paul & Pog. After my long hiatus I have spent every waking hour painting since I started again. One extreme to the other. Finished this now and put it in the gallery. 
Showing page 3 of 3