A new abstract painting

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Here is the improved (hopefully) version. Jenny, you were absolutely right about a patch. Makes me realise that there is so much to learn. That's part of the pleasure in painting though.
Fiona, like what you’ve done in the bottom half with those smaller magenta patches to the left (and think you’ve heightened the white on the tall shapes behind it which look good.) On the darker magenta patch to the right I think I’d either take off the hard bottom edge by blending it downwards like the others - or make that patch square(extended downwards) and lighten it so it’s a repeat of the colour at the top left.  Only suggestions, though.  I don’t do many abstracts, but do a lot of colour balancing in my paintings.  I do like abstracts and it’s interesting to see them develop.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

I take your point Jenny. I wanted the patch to come forward, appear to float and be darker towards the bottom of the painting, to give a sense of depth. I will come back to it in a few days!
They were only suggestions, Fiona - it’s your painting and it must feel right to you!
Showing page 2 of 2