9th black and white sixties chick

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
This is going to be a birthday present for my mother. It's a photograph of her during the swinging sixties. The photograph is in black and white and so that's how i'm going to paint it. I've never painted a portrait before. Nor have I painted in black and white before so this should be fun. Please enjoy.
I think I'm finished. Not sure about the hair.
It’s superb I’m sure you mum will love it , what a wonderful birthday present and so unique. 
We want a portraitist here, which - apart from rare forays - I am not.  I should say however that the right-hand side of the face (ie her left) is in need of a wisp of hair at least, just to avoid the impression that there's no hair on that side - but ..... I have absolutely no confidence in that opinion.  You've done a remarkable job, though - and I'm quite confident in saying that. 
We want a portraitist here, which - apart from rare forays - I am not.  I should say however that the right-hand side of the face (ie her left) is in need of a wisp of hair at least, just to avoid the impression that there's no hair on that side - but ..... I have absolutely no confidence in that opinion.  You've done a remarkable job, though - and I'm quite confident in saying that. 
Robert Jones, NAPA on 18/02/2024 13:55:44
Thank you for the kind words. The portrait is as close to the reference as I can.