1964 USSRC Shelby AC Cobra

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
For those of you who have followed the first painting of the Gullwing Mercedes, here is painting 2 of 5 for Dubai.  This time it's a 1964 USSRC Shelby Cobra.  For any of you who watch 'Chasing Classic Cars' with Wayne Carini on 'Quest', he sold this one for in excess of 1.5 Million USD some yeras ago and the car appeared in both a couple of episodes and on some of the programmes lead in sequence. This is a similar size to the previous painting and is also on Saunders Waterford HP 300gsm paper.
Yes I’ve seen the car on the programme, they don’t come much better than a Shelby Cobra! Looks a good start anyway.
Update on the progress (rather slow) with the Cobra. Time has been eluding me recently. Need to make the effort to spend more time to get this done.
You have an excellent precision and sureness of line - if t'were me (mind you, I blame relative old age) I'd be wobbling all over the place.  And then the effects you achieve with paint, to represent metal, decals, those more intricate fittings on a car - I freely confess I don't know how you do it.  I've seen very precise drawings on Bristol board, but even HP watercolour paper would surely make this a challenge.
Hi Robert, thanks for your comments. In this case I am working in acrylic, and I must admit it is much easier to get the finer detail right as when used in fairly thick consistency it doesn't 'bleed' in the way that watercolour does. I find that the acrylic also allows a better building up and layering of colour, which works really well on this kind of subject. Also blessed with a steady hand (so far anyway!!!).
Some more good progress made on the Cobra. About to make a start on the main body colour next.
Way to go this is looking great.
Now got a large amount of the body colour done on the Cobra and I like how it's coming along. I think I have broken the back of the work and am on the run in towards the finish line.
Finishing line is now very close on the Cobra. Just one side of the bonnet to do, the far side lights and the windscreen. I do like the way this one is working out.
Now finished. Will be posting completed picture to the gallery.
Share this on https://artdesign.social/news-feed/ !