using white in watercolours

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Thanks for the compliments on my tree... It was done as a demo for an art group along with some other stuff a couple of years back. As for using Tippex, I will give that one a miss as I'm more than happy with my Plaka (Pelican Plaka) to be exact, it goes on smoothly and has a matt finish which I prefer. Like Robert, I thought Tippex had vanished since the demise of the typewriter in favour of DTP. The last time I saw that little bottle and its integral brush as I recall was donkey's years ago on my secretary's desk, parked next to her Remington typewriter, or was it her Remington shaver?, anyway, it was one of those. I expect Robert can remember the old black Imperial 66, what a classic - Happy Birthday by the way, you are catching me up...
Yes Robert and Alan, Tippex is still available. It is made by Pritt (correction fluid) and it comes indeed in the little bottles with a fine brush. If you shake it well and close it firmly, you can keep it for a long time. I rarely use it in my sketches but I can apply it in a thin layer and it is easy to cover with watercolour or whatever. A thick layer maybe will crack and peel off but since I only used it in one sketch, I have no experience in that. Normally, I also use the white of the paper :) Mia http://www.painters-online.co.uk/artist/MiaKetels
White has always been used by watercolourists, when many pigments were fugitive, using gouache was recommended by all art teachers as effectively resistant to fading. John
Showing page 2 of 2