Shadow colour

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 3
thanks Mia ,Sylvia   I am so busy  .I do a painting every day for  a channel, and for a group that eats up my time ,do you think it would it be ok  with PoL to drop one here every.   Sat.... and view  comments  LYA 
I think we'd all appreciate it!
https://youtu.be/fZuX53z55kQ

Edited
by Alan Owen

tried to down load many times     this  is a run through on hake painting  on the tube. just to give a few tips to beginners   who wish to try hake painting  no more .. so not the greatest     . I have  tried to make it as simple as possible ,, take care all,  happy painting    love you all Alan

Edited
by Alan Owen

well as we can see it is quiet on the forum . maybe we could have few single paintings of shadowy Skys just to see your ideas ,lets  see what you come up with ,try some opposites like a. warm yellow cloud in a blue crimson   mix sky , notice how some artists use opposites ,,  what about we try  unusual colours  in sky ,l we have had some colourful evening sky's lately
Excellent idea Alan O. This is a small plein air oil that I painted for the July Summer sky challenge. I continued to paint a sky each day for a month, although I didn't post all of them. This image is on the Letters' page of the current edition of LP, relating to 'Paint a sky a day'.  It was great fun to do and a useful exercise.
thanks Alan ,,,I will add one a week if possible for me   I will be Alan O.  you be Alan  B ta ta for now     I love your strong fearless blues  .distant blues  great stuff  
I love Claude Monet, and his opposites are in a lot of todays painters ,,may be unconciously added ,,Ron Ranson added the crimson next to the lemon in his Skys   ,  though I don't take to Monet,s viridian greens  do you? , mind you he certainly knew how to use it against his warm orange , last  nights sky was full of yellowy reds and blue crimsons  beautiful ....
do it in greens and warm yellows , this is nearly all burnt Sienna and Paynes grey .  

Edited
by Alan Owen

it is done with hake brush wet in wet    dead easy and con job.  I can get away with rubbish any time  I.ll se the LYA Alan
it is done with hake brush wet in wet    dead easy and con job.  I can get away with rubbish any time  I.ll se the LYA Alan
Alan Owen on 15/12/2019 21:06:34
What to yo mean by 'a con job and why say you can get away with  rubbish any time' Bit of an arrogant comment from such an eminent artist, Alan O Hake brushes have been around for many decades, Chinese masters and artists have used them to great effect. Personally I think it takes great skill to use a hake brush, of any size, to produce a picture of limited marks.

Edited
by C J

Showing page 2 of 3