Negative painting the way you should NOT do it...

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I ruined another watercolor painting - I only learn from mistakes, and when something should be good, I get lazy... 😈 1st mistake: after a maximum of 4 layers my paper was saturated. All brush strokes left greasy lines. 2st mistake: I couldn't stop and brushed up to 6 layers onto the troubled paper Realization: you always have to stop when it's "best" :)
This is a lovely painting Tanja. I tend to graduate the layers. I still want the first couple of washes to show through on parts of the painting. So, in some areas, there might only be a couple of washes, whilst in other areas, many more.
I also like this painting! There’s a lot of detail gone into those fish, well beyond my capabilities I have to admit… The overall design and colours are both stunning!
@Denise: thank you for your answer, yes, that's a very good tip, in some places more, in other places less layers, I have not even thought of that, thank you! @Alan: thanks for your answer :) i think your skills are far from more than i couldever achieve! And your feedback is a great pleasure/honor for me! (i still think it looks "greasy"....)