Looking for any information and potential value of this old painting

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hello guys! I am looking for any information and potential value of this old painting. I would be grateful for any info or suggestions where to look. Thank you much! https://ibb.co/vs934Dg
Suspect! 
It was a link to an actual painting, but the file size was too big to be posted on the Forum.  Ibb is a safe enough site - but I have professional anti-virus software, so was emboldened to take a look.   It's a portrait of a mother with several children - probably mid-Victorian, painted by someone who was possibly a visiting, peripatetic painter: fine as a memento for a family, but once you'd said that, you'd said the lot.   I yearn for the day when someone posts a painting that really has been lost to time, and is of significant value - it could be that a recent post of a Ukrainian painter's work has considerable potential value, though; I should love to find out what happens to it.  
That link opens to unrelated new topics, not art or a painting to appraise!
I see it now, but it’s a massive file, and there’s other none art related advertising material with it also.
I'm not getting the other material - all I get is this very dark picture, in a very dark room, but I know there is a huge amount of extraneous matter on ibb: probably easier to see the intended image on a desktop, but I don't know.... I don't have any other device, at the moment. You've seen it now, anyway - presumably concur with my view that it's not a great picture of any value?  
Yes, I’m getting other material with it, lots of it! Thanks for sending it over, but I’m not overly excited by the subject matter of this painting! Others might be…

Edited
by Alan Bickley

please help to delete my comment. I do not want to cause any misunderstandings. thanks. 

Edited
by Beverly Thompson

You can see information there if you know the name of the artist you're looking for, which he didn't.  The image to which he linked is long gone, but it wouldn't have featured on ANY site of valuable, interesting - or good - paintings. 
I suspect that latest reply was a sales oriented post!