Lefranc & Bourgeois watercolour range

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I have a load of L&B Aquarelle watercolour half pans. Im putting together a colour test sheet and would like to have information on the extent of the series, as a colour pampflet, PDF or a list of all the colours in the serie. It says 40373 on the paper convolute on all colours. On one halfpan it says "Vert Antioche Cl... 1147". It also reads "510 ljusgrön" and 3013648061941 on a sticker on it. On another halfpan it says "Gumme Gutte 1132". Who is the distributor for L&B in Sweden? I have contacted https://www.lefrancbourgeois.com/fr/ in France and several shops, and they cannot provide any information on this L&B serie.
You can look up the distributors in just the same as we can, Google! - Unlikely that any of us on here would be able to give you any further information on the L&G watercolour series in any detail. Sorry I can’t be of any help here… Robert is probably the only artist I can think of on here that might, unlikely but might, be able to help further!

Edited
by Alan Bickley

The Lefranc et Bourgeois website is not a useful resource if you're seeking information about the components of their colours - there is very little there of practical use, not even, so far as I could find, a definitive list of the colours they offer.  There are two ranges, a studio range, and a fine art selection - neither of which lists contains even so much as a pigment number. L & B are now owned by Colart, the same outfit that owns Winsor & Newton - you might try looking at the Colart website, I confess to having tired of trawling through the internet to find anything remotely useful at all.  If, in your set, you can find the Pigment Number - eg PR83 - we could tell you something about what the paints contain, but otherwise I've given up on the search as hopeless; though I'm easily irritated, and may come back to it later!  The paints are distributed in this country by Roberson & Co, to a number of retailers including Jacksons, Cass Arts, Great Art (Gerstaecker) and Cornellisen - you MIGHT be able to get some help from Roberson, who are generally very knowledgeable, or even from the retailers - although they do vary a great deal in the practical information they hold.  
Incidentally - it seems that Colart has moved Winsor & Newton distribution to the Le Franc et Bourgeois factory; the paint itself - Colart is not the most transparent of companies - may be made now in China; certainly, some watercolourists are saying that the quality of W & N paint has deteriorated since Colart took them over; which doesn't say a lot for L & B.   If what you have there is a stock of old half pans from a superseded range, and even L & B can't tell you anything about it, I'd be inclined to give it up as a bad job - very unsatisfactory, but this is what happens when old companies get gobbled up by massive corporations with little interest or expertise in the products they sell. 
Interesting, Robert.  According to the Colart website, they have also acquired Liquitex & Conte, amongst others.  Currently based in Greater London, I wonder for how long. 
Apparently Colart acquired Liquitex back in 2000. According to the Liquitex website their paint production is in China and France (Le Mans). I should add that I'm a happy Liquitex heavy body user...

Edited
by Martin Cooke

If they ever want a new name for a Black Hole, maybe "Colart" would fit. 
Any update?  I am glad I found my answer over here. Does anyone over here need help regarding their essay assignments? If yes, then you can try this out where you can find an article on writing my dissertation assignment. I am also using that website whenever I need help regarding my assignments.

Edited
by Rita Campbell

The original question was, could we tell the questioner who distributes Lefranc et Bourgeois paints in Sweden?  I don't think an update on anything we were able to say in response is likely to be forthcoming - but was that the question to which you were seeking a further reply?