Combining Chalk and Oil pastels

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 6 of 6
After our discussion of the relative merits of Ross and Kinkade (they sound like a small-town legal firm, the kind that might have something by Kincade on a wall), I realised that although I had shown one of Thomas Kinkade's masterworks, I hadn't done the same with Bob Ross. So for the sake of balance, in case anyone reading the thread hasn't come across anything by the great man, and with due respect to Robert and Alan, here's one of Bob's 30-minute masterpieces, with his smiling face and a 2" house painting brush. Who knows, maybe this'll earn him a few more fans. I like the mountain. Bill
As I remember his YouTube videos - or rather the YT vids made of his programmes - that's a very zhooshed up version of his usual level of achievement.  
American chocolate is, by popular consent, horrible. 
Robert Jones, NAPA on 28/09/2023 13:17:21
I'll take your word on that, then. Never had any. They handed a lot of it about during the war, though. Maybe a case of 'never look a gift- horse in the mouth'
I'll take your word on that, then. Never had any. They handed a lot of it about during the war, though. Maybe a case of 'never look a gift- horse in the mouth'
Carol  Jones on 29/09/2023 17:01:39
Irish chocolate is the best. Maybe it's the milk they use. 
Swiss chocolate! Or a local brand called Whitakers. I have never seen your Irish chocolate over here Bill but will take your word for it.
Swiss chocolate! Or a local brand called Whitakers. I have never seen your Irish chocolate over here Bill but will take your word for it.
Sandra Kennedy on 29/09/2023 22:10:47
I should have been more specific. I meant Cadbury's chocolate made in Ireland. If you go to the Irish section of Sainsbury's or Tesco and buy those little bars they sell for £1 you'll taste it. Hotel Chocolat's range is pretty good too. 
Carol  Jones on 29/09/2023 17:01:39
Irish chocolate is the best. Maybe it's the milk they use. 
Bill Downie on 29/09/2023 17:48:55
I'll keep this in mind, Bill. I have plans to travel at sometime, next year, to visit Dublin mainly to go to Trinity College to view a page or two of the Book of Kells.  
Have a great time. We go to Ireland almost every year (NI mainly, now). I haven't seen the Book of Kells in Dublin, but we have been to the National Museum Of Ireland there, where the mummified corpses are. They're well worth seeing, if you're interested. 
Showing page 6 of 6