July forum challenge

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
“Paint a sky a day”, sound advice given to me by the late Rowland Hilder back in 1985. It’s always a never-ending source of inspiration right outside our window, with ever-changing moods. So really, we should never be at a loss as to what to paint! I don’t paint a sky a day, but I should, it’s only 30 minutes a day after all! That’s one reason this challenge is a favourite for me – so much potential with skies! Great to see more artist’s entering this one! Oil on board 30 x 40cm.
"Big sky over the Humber Estuary". Looking across from the north bank to the south. Graphite and gesso on paper, 39x29.5 inches.
View from a Patio. Painted this yesterday morning sat on the patio with my pochade box. A formation of interesting cloud structures which was worth capturing. I try and look for colours within all those greys that we tend to see in the UK, then I’ll exaggerate these hues to create something a little more intense and vibrant. After all, isn’t that what an artist is supposed to do? Not simply paint what he sees – I leave that to the photographers! Oil on board 30 x 40cm.
I like that Alan. I know the sky was your main focus, and it's good...and I really like the way you've painted the landscape beneath.
Fabulous skies on here! I thought about painting the sky today - looked out the window and thought that a flat grey painting might not look very great! Hoping for better weather tomorrow!
Another attempt at the July challenge, this one using acrylic in abstract, not something I normally do. It took me about 45mins. yesterday afternoon. Its painted on smooth Daler Rowney mixed media board size A4.
Sunset over the Summer isles. Whilst camping just outside Ullapool late June there was the most fabulous sunset the sky turned red orange and lit up the sea. (Pastels on card)
Such wonderful displays of sky for this months challenge, well done to everyone. Now its raining I may have a bit of time to get one done myself :)
on a night like this. . .
Showing page 3 of 3