All about Line and Wash in the 'ARTIST'.

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
I thoroughly enjoyed your article on 'Line and Wash' Alan.  A good read with very fine examples on show.  It's often wise to go back to fundamentals to refresh your mind on the things you THINK you know.  I've yet to try reed and quill pens.  Haven't felt the need, but never say never.  As I've recently renewed my love affair with dip-pens, everything in your article has great relevance to me. I look forward to the next article.
Me too, Alan, I thought it was a very informative and well written article.  I love line and wash, must try some with the different pens you mention.
Well that’s so nice to know Lew and Jenny, I’m so pleased that you enjoyed part one of my feature. I’ve really enjoyed writing and working on the illustrations for this one, I hope you find my second part just as informative - I’ve thrown a still life line and wash WIP in there for those of you who enjoy still life, but added pastel as a third dimension…

Edited
by Alan Bickley

Alan - we all enjoy your articles, I would think.  And your posts in the Gallery. And none of us is the slightest bit jealous.  You swine.......   Seriously, it's one thing to be able to paint and draw - but not everyone manages to explain the process in an engaging way.  I look forward to your articles AND your drawings and paintings.  You are not to think this seeking favour or advantage, but a box of cigars wouldn't come amiss.....