Acrylic Inks .. Anyone Tried Them?

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Thank you everyone for your prompt replies, I hadn't expected to receive so many and they all demonstrate what can be achieved with these inks.  I particularly needed to know that they can damage brushes as that never occurred to me so many thanks for sharing this information. I will try them out and direct some strong hints about what I'd like for a present as I never know what to ask for.  I'm very interested in the painting that Sylvia did as my previous attempts with Brusho have tended to resemble an explosion in a chicken factory and I've come home with multi-coloured fingers! The possibilities for more abstract work must be endless and that will be interesting for me as I normally work in a very precise fashion and I will look up that review on pol. Many thanks again for your advice, it's greatly appreciated.
Quick PS - inks can (and will) play merry Hell with your sables, as will most acrylic paints; but they should be perfectly fine with synthetics. I don't use Brusho because while it may be fun to play with, it's not lightfast - according to the very Sylvia who then enthuses about it!
Thanks Robert, I must admit the word 'acrylic' means I wouldn't tackle them with a sable and the same goes for acrylic paints and it's good to know anyway.
I like FW inks for their vibrancy and they are very colourfast. I like Brusho for the lovely effects you can get when the colours separate when applied to wet paper. also you can sprinkle the powder into a wet wash. Although they claim to be colourfast I have found that some of the colours have faded. Maybe this could be overcome by sealing with an acrylic varnish that has UV filters. I haven't tried that so don't know if the colours  would run.
Showing page 2 of 2