November 2022

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 3
Another month gone already! Some interesting work and discussions for last month's challenge. With the clocks having gone back and winter on its way - this month let's have a go at painting nocturnes or nocturnal animals. There are 10 beautiful nocturnes on this site to inspire you https://www.dailyartmagazine.com/ten-beautiful-nocturne-paintings/
A couple from me, although both done a while ago.  Badgers and a snowy night at our parish church.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

An oldie from a few years ago.

Edited
by Lynn Parkins

I’m reposting my “ nocturne” for November
Nothing recent but I have this pastel from a few years ago. I think it’s my only attempt at a Nocturne. Some beautiful examples Jenny, Lynn, Marjorie.
It’s a “ colourist” one Fiona. 
I've got several old ones, but I've shown them before - I have a yen to produce a new one, just for POL (I'm that generous....).  Whether I'll have time I don't know: if I don't, I'll post one of my crepuscular oldies.   Here's one of those - painted a very long time ago, with around about three colours plus white.  I'm sure I could do better now, I may even paint another version of this one. 

Edited
by Robert Jones, NAPA

The approach I take to painting doesn't quite lend itself to producing works on a given theme on demand -- things turn out the way they turn out. On the other hand, abstracts are so unconstrained by literal interpretation that by providing a suitably pretentious title they can be bent to fit any theme ;-) So here's one I did this evening. I'm calling it 'and the moonbeams kiss the sea' which I've stolen from Lewis, who in turn nicked it from Shelley. This is a 2-layer acrylic composition, with water fired at the top layer with various implements to reveal parts of the lower layer (faster, more nerve-racking, but a lot more fun than using masking fluid).
It's always great to see the variety of subject matter to a theme.  Excellent work on display. As I have little time for art at the moment, I'll add another oldie.   This is digital...scanned drawings 'painted' in photoshop.  Ages since I used this medium.  Dwarf dream...
I hope I'm not posting this twice... My "Nocturne" Night-blooming Cacti "Cereus" 
Gobsmacking Skylar. 

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

Showing page 1 of 3