March 2022

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 3 of 3
Some really good paintings so far , I about to spoil it , a 20 minute painting of a different type of hidden face . Not only is it hidden behind the BA set mask but all fireman are faceless / masked until  we need them like all emergency workers. From my own photo all be it years ago. 
I'm not joining in, I'm afraid, because my only idea is too complicated to draw - Lewis could do it! - and I haven't the energy.... but I recall a passable film of years gone by, entitled Double Bunk: there was also a book.  In it, a mask of wholly insincere friendliness is displayed to would-be purchasers by the owner of a house-boat, who invites the viewing couple to join them for breakfast: "the wife'll soon rustle up some bacon and eggs!": wife, stuck in the galley (the inimitable Irene Handl) has other ideas - along the lines of "how can I 'rustle up' bacon and eggs with no bacon?  Or eggs?'". A drawing along these lines would be what I'd have done, if I'd had the gumption to do it.  I offer the idea to anyone else, though!
Hidden Faces... Not exactly a picture, but I have painted it, so it counts.  If you don't agree, you will be EXTERMINATED!     E X T E R M I N A T E D! Yes, it's a Dalek!  So it fits the brief, as the alien creature was hidden within. Actually, it's a 3D printed model in OO gauge, 1:76 or 4mm to the inch (think of Hornby model railways) .  Daleks were a little over 5 feet from floor to top of dome, which means that this model is just over an inch high; about the diameter of a 2p coin.  Painting it was a VERY fiddly job and I now understand why the folk on The Repair Shop (BBC) wear two or more pairs of specs to do the intricate stuff.   Although this model is of a later physical incarnation, I have painted it in the original colours.  OK,  you're all asking 'Why'? I have some 'static' display cases containing various trains and buses in OO gauge.  I have populated them with people and bits of scenery, including a policeman standing outside an old blue police phone box - as in Dr Who TARDIS.   Dr Who - Dalek.    Obvious innit! Everybody sing along, from behind the sofa.... Dum de dum, dum de dum, Dum de dum  Dum, Dum Weeeeee oooooooo! Nurse! Increase the medication!
Ha ha, you made me laugh anyway Colin! Of course it counts! It’s a painting, innit?
Happy to be of service, Marjorie. 😁
I was terrified of the Daleks and the cyber men when I was a littl’un!
Some great ideas here, Skylar's and Bari's being very original.  Haven't got round to it yet, although I like masks.   Here's an old one I did some years ago...not sure if I posted it.... Another thing I've done seems fitting.  Haven't post this.  The idea is with all these marks, how can we know what people are thinking...maybe we never could but facial expressions help a bit...
Showing page 3 of 3