June 2023

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 2
Another month almost gone - at least the sun is putting in an appearance now! June is Wimbledon, so this month's challenge is to paint anything to do with this major sporting event - strawberries and Pimms included of course!
June response:
Wow....Love all.
Skylar, this is superb! Nothing more needs to be said. 
Agree, superb.
I love it. For a second I thought it is an image. 

Edited
by Robert Robinson

Wow! I thought no one was going to participate this month. Thank you for your comments on my piece!  I do have a a comment for you, Sandra. It is an image...created from refs, using ArtRage software and Wacom tablet, not a photo manipulation.  All my works are painted. Just mostly with digital programs.
I think you said that all of your work was accomplished with software these days; I wonder if you ever now work in paint - I'd love to see some of it, if you do.  But anyway - we have this, and the work you must have to do to accomplish it is, I should imagine, phenomenal enough in its way.  
Robert - I love when you take time to comment. Thank you! As a matter of fact, I am working on several canvases (oils and Acrylics) for a show I will be having here in my little town in November. I will post some when finished.
Wow! I thought no one was going to participate this month. Thank you for your comments on my piece!  I do have a a comment for you, Sandra. It is an image...created from refs, using ArtRage software and Wacom tablet, not a photo manipulation.  All my works are painted. Just mostly with digital programs.
Skylar Brown on 13/06/2023 15:53:08
Skylar, I don't know quite where this comment has come from. All I said in my comment was that this image is superb, I said nothing about photo manipulation as I know it isn't. You always say how your images are created.
I think Skylar was just clarifying Sandra , as you probably know there was a lot of discussion around the subject a while ago and I know that Skylar was concerned that his work might be misinterpreted. I also know that you would not make a direct reference to his work in a derogatory way one of those misunderstandings on a touchy subject, by  two very valued members of our community. 
I definitely meant no disrespect, Sandra. You statement confused me a bit , that's all. Forgive this old man.
Showing page 1 of 2