January 2024

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 2
Little bit late with this month's challenge - Happy New Year All! As it's National Lego Day on January 28 let's see who chooses to paint something made (or unmade) of the famous bricks and who'd prefer to paint a Danish scene.
Little bit late with this month's challenge - Happy New Year All! As it's National Lego Day on January 28 let's see who chooses to paint something made (or unmade) of the famous bricks and who'd prefer to paint a Danish scene.
Painters-Online Team on 08/01/2024 15:38:44
Wrapped up in my own stuff here, else would have a go. Happy new year!
Having no frame of reference for Legos, I had to go the Danish Direction. I probably got a bit carried away. I made a "poster"   
Beautiful colours Skylar.
Mine is embarrassingly feeble but I’ll post it anyhow and hope to do better next month! My plan was to paint a danish pastry from life, but it didn’t stay live for long enough, couldn’t resist a taste, and before I knew it was gone! Hence the flag. 😉
Tessa - Great flag! I totally know what it is like to try painting some tasty morsel. I have no will power where pastries are consumed.
Does Duplo count ? I did this some time ago as a still life against a collage background. 

Edited
by Andrew Roles

. Please delete this post. Ta. 

Edited
by Andrew Roles

A souvenir of our trips to Denmark in the 80ties. Happy New Year to you all!
That is lovely Mia. Happy New Year to you too. Skylar, glad I have good company! I now see it was a definite mistake to try to paint something so tempting. 😩 Andrew, yes of course Duplo counts! I have a three year old grandson who is just starting to swap Duplo for Lego, some of which looks really complicated. 🤔
I've never forgiven Lego for replace the Better-Builder (or something) bricks - I made dozens of buildings with the latter, but found Lego too big, too brash, and incapable of making anything that looked like any building I'd ever seen. This was, be it said - VERY many years ago.  But Better-Builder (spelling I'm sure is wrong - probably Beta-Builder of something) was a lot better.  I'd play with 'em now if I had them..... so no, I won't paint the blessed things, and as I've never been to Denmark, won't paint that, either. The spirit of Bah, Humbug! lives on into the New Year so far as I'm concerned.  I'm into titchy watercolours at the moment - painted very much indoors, from memory: I fear if I venture outside, something is liable to drop off.  
Andrew - you want your painting removed?  Will oblige, though would rather not, if that's what you want - but is it?  
Showing page 1 of 2