January 2023

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 4
Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all enjoyed the festive period and are raring to get painting and drawing again in 2023. For our January challenge simply share your first artwork of 2023 - I am sure many of you will have completed more than one already!
I’ve done half a dozen this year but only sketchbook scribbles  - I need to get down to some serious stuff… this is mixed media on a Bockingford FatPad 200gsm Rough. This may make an oil painting at some point!

Edited
by Alan Bickley

Lovely sketch Alan.  I always enjoy sketches as much as finished paintings.
I've got a few scribbles, but nothing completed yet: and my scribbles aren't as good as Alan's, so they'll not be seeing the light of day, thank you muchly!
Back into watercolour after 3 months dabbling in Acrylics & oils.  I forgot how easy it is to make a mistake!  Both foreground and background need tidying.  From a PClark You Tube demonstration.
My first sketch of 2023 
Have been back to portraits again. Trying “ sight size”. Difficult to organise re space , standing and stepping back and the sitter falling asleep. My first try.
That’s a great portrait Marjorie!
Happy New Year to all of you on POL. Just to keep in touch: a 10 min. sketch starting immediately in ink. This is my first "art-work" of the year. Better and more to come (I hope).
This was mine done on the 2nd.
Just put my first on the gallery (didn’t see this thread) yesterdays effort. Looks like we are all keen! 🤗 let’s keep it up.
What an industrious lot you are, I have put pencil/pen/brush to paper this WHOLE year!  Lots of good work here.  Must start something tomorrow.
Showing page 1 of 4