February 2024

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 4
Just a couple of days left and the first month of 2024 will come to an end! To coincide with the Chinese New Year in February here's a fiery forum challenge for you all. It's the year of the dragon so you're invited to paint dragons in all their guises - Chinese dragons, Welsh dragons, dragonflies, snapdragons, Puff the magic dragon, sea dragons.... the list goes on! Look forward to seeing what you all choose to paint.
Oh what a joy. A chance to get some practice with my Chinese brushwork.
This will be fun!
Red Dragon , ink by Helen Mariner
Helen - What a Terrific Piece!!
I agree. That’ll take some beating!
He's a fab Ddraig Helen
A wonderful dragon Helen.
Well here is my jolly Ddraig Derwen .  He lives in my garden under a weeping willow.  He arrived about twenty years ago on the back of a flat bed truck.. He is about ten  feet high and chainsawed from a piece of Oak...by a woman.  Ddraig Derwen    Oak Dragon.   He's not really all of these colours and I have never seen flames.  But he is well loved and is patted often. He often has a black bird on his head.  Not one of my best sketches but he is a sweetie. I have another dragon who lives in the hall...so watch out for him. Lots of us dragons in this house...Roar. 

Edited
by Sylvia Evans

Smashing Sylvia. I've just done a traditional Chinese dragon on rice paper using a Chinese brush, ink and watercolour.
I don't feel like doing another dragon, but I did remember I had this one tucked away on my Gallery, which I did for Sylvia some time ago.  This dragon - coincidentally named Sylvia, who would have guessed?, is a humble, apologetic sort of dragon - not one of the magnificent beasts shown here.  But not everyone likes to show off - for is it not written, the meek shall inherit the earth?  Well, Sylv the dragon is meek, and self-effacing.
What a charming person you are ....as I blow flanges in your direction.....
Showing page 1 of 4