April 2023

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 4
This brings to mind the song "April showers... Bring the flowers that bloom in May...
Thought the challenge was to paint a picture inspired by the poem Dawn posted!  
Jenny Harris on 28/03/2023 20:56:54
Just reread the invitation from pol, you're right Jenny. I'll place my cherita within a painting, that should keep me out of mischief for a couple of hours. 
hi all. here is my attempt, from the first verse.
I bought some Derwent Inktense blocks this morning. What better way to try them out than a tribute to Spring. Still waiting for the rainbow though!
very nice Fiona, I use intense blocks a lot. Very versatile.
what beautiful pictures here, so appropriate to the poem, here my little homage to spring, ... the paper was unfortunately very bad....
Sorry for mis-reading the Instructions. Thought a reference was similar to acknowledgement of same...
Feel Free to remove my post.
Yours is a spontaneous response to the verse, Skylar, people read and interpret words differently.  This is your interpretation from a section of the poem, and a lovely delicate one it is, too.    

Edited
by Carol Jones

Alan, Fiona and Gala, these are lovely images. Its always interesting to see how artists portray a verse with a painting. Each one will be an individual. 

Edited
by Carol Jones

This is what I like about this forum. Someone posts a poem and it inspires art - and good art too. Well done all. Here's one of my favourite poems - no reason, I just love it. The only connection to spring is his use of sprung rhythm, but contrasts in light and colour are the foundation of much art too. Pied Beauty (Gerard Manley Hopkins) Glory be to God for dappled things –     For skies of couple-colour as a brinded cow;        For rose-moles all in stipple upon trout that swim;  Fresh-firecoal chestnut-falls; finches’ wings;     Landscape plotted and pieced – fold, fallow, and plough;        And áll trádes, their gear and tackle and trim.  All things counter, original, spare, strange;     Whatever is fickle, freckled (who knows how?)        With swift, slow; sweet, sour; adazzle, dim;  He fathers-forth whose beauty is past change:                                  Praise him.
Alan, Fiona and Gala, these are lovely images. Its always interesting to see how artists portray a verse with a painting. Each one will be an individual. 
Carol Jones on 30/03/2023 17:29:49
Thank U Carol for your lovely comment. i was suddenly not quite sure i understood this one right, this challenge....
Showing page 2 of 4