April 2023

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 1 of 4
Not quite there yet, but April is just around the corner and I thought another inspirational poem would be a good challenge following on from all the lovely work that's been shared this month. What do you think of this one byby Mathilde Blind? The April rain, the April rain, Comes slanting down in fitful showers, Then from the furrow shoots the grain, And banks are fledged with nestling flowers; And in grey shaw and woodland bowers The cuckoo through the April rain Calls once again. The April sun, the April sun, Glints through the rain in fitful splendour, And in grey shaw and woodland dun The little leaves spring forth and tender Their infant hands, yet weak and slender, For warmth towards the April sun, One after one. And between shower and shine hath birth The rainbow's evanescent glory; Heaven's light that breaks on mists of earth! Frail symbol of our human story, It flowers through showers where, looming hoary, The rain-clouds flash with April mirth, Like Life on earth.
It’s a beautiful poem.  I think that we should be able to come with some picturesque ideas to go alongside it.
I was transported into it.
A beautiful poem - and plenty to inspire.  (April challenge already - how the months are flying by!)
Will April's rain Bring greater heat To help thaw out My freezing feet....? OK, it's not Tennyson - but I long for warmer weather, and a few more signs of green shoots making their presence felt.  This winter has seemed longer than most, because the weather (down here) has been much the same since last September - we had no snow, lots of rain and sleet, occasional fog, perpetual cold and damp.  I look forward to bounding into Spring, and painting those first green shoots: my palette has been excessively grey and brown for rather too long.
April's showers will fall light and tepid Defrosting of the feet will be unexpected If you walk barefoot amongst the Daisies and Dock weed Proceed with vigour, speed, light soul and hope, burning feet will be guaranteed, from the nettles. Ouch 😁

Edited
by Carol Jones

'Tis a lovely moving poem. I'm inspired.

Edited
by Carol Jones

I snapped a rainbow the other day so I may do something with one in.

Edited
by Denise Cat

Thought the challenge was to paint a picture inspired by the poem Dawn posted!  

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Oh yes Jenny, I think I looked at it wrong the first time around. I'll save my poem then edit my post.
Showing page 1 of 4