A Morning Walk Around Lower Slaughter (alias Sylvia’s sketch book!).

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Back at the beginning of this year Sylvia kindly sent me one of her folding sketch books. I thought for a long time how to best use it, and decided pre lockdown that I would fill one of the eight surfaces per week for local scenes from the start of March. On March 5th I had to go to London to be with my daughter when she was in hospital for just over a week, and by the time I returned home, the world had changed! No chance of going round the village/s as planned. However the morning hour of exercise kicked in and I usually had a small sketch book in my pocket and started capturing scenes around the next village. My intention was to have a cohesive picture which could be viewed as a whole and as individual pages with an overlap. It’s mixed media of watercolour, pens, felt pens, inktense blocks and drawing ink, basically whatever I could throw at it! I might try making a concertina sketchbook next. Oops managed to add one x2 and don’t know how to delete!

Edited
by Tessa Gwynne

Excellent idea Tessa, I bet Sylvia will be pleased at how you have used it. Something to look back on when we talk about the lockdown in years to come.
Works really well Tessa!
What a lovely idea Tessa and all linked together so beautifully.
Thanks all for taking the time to look and comment, much appreciated.
Great way to use Sylvia's sketchbook Tessa.   Beautiful sketches and works so well as a whole picture too, like Dixie says it will be a great reminder of the lockdown.