Salvador Dali...

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Never been a huge fan in the past of Dali, and a lot of his stuff has no real appeal, but when you really look at his work I realise what an absolute genius artist  the man was. I was prompted to investigate him more fully because I have a book I bought at a Spanish book market many years ago. The book( a 1976 PRINTING  of nearly 600 pages) is an English language version of Don Quixote illustrated by Dali. The double page illustrations are in colour and absolutely amazing. Dali tore up the rule book and just went his own path and what a path it was. He fully typifies the term "artist". 
Jim, we went to his garden in Spain this summer. I wasn’t a fan before, appreciated his importance but his art, although interesting, wasn’t really something I sought out. But you have to be open to learning something new, experience something different. The garden was fun, in a beautiful place and he was careful not to ruin or change the environment. It was wonderful to be able to visit and learn about him ( though his politics were something else!).
If anyone is visiting Florida this Summer , there is a great Dali Museuem in St Petersburg (St Pete’s)  near Tampa. I was there a good few years ago and really enjoyed it.  https://thedali.org/