Reminder about images on here

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
Someone’s toying with you. Just ask the photographer if in doubt. Anyway, all is fine. If my work looks like the photo, I contact the cameraman.  Actually, my last piece, if it sells, I’m giving the photographer a commission. I have written consent from him anyway. Someone’s yanking your chain!
Thanks Paul, the info from Art UK is very useful.
Not  sure where your coming from Martin with the statement that someone is yanking your chain. I think most people are taking it quite serious and are concerned. I’m sure most of us ask the photographer if we can us a image but this is about a large organisation throwing its weight around, the problem is finding who actually owns the image. The information I posted is genuine and comes from a very reliable source. 
It’s too cross-the-board, just trying to get everyone to worry about images. Not heard of anyone who’s been fined yet. Surely, it should state that ‘you can’t copy and paste what you want.’ Makes the internet defunct anyway. Anyway, again… don’t click on any external links from this site, or any other. IP addresses are collectible.   If you argue to any big firm, it costs them a fortune and they have no choice but to drop it.  Not trying to be blunt. Just saying. 
Also, click and look at credentials of photograph. Lot of them state at source, can be used.
Showing page 2 of 2