Is there a charge here?

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Hi-new senior here.  Is there a charge to join Painters Online?  Thanks Doug
Doug, you need to take out a subscription only if you wish to sell using the site’s controls. I.e. you won’t be able to mark a picture for sale until you take out some form of subscription to one of the magazines. You can simply display your work using the same registration you have used to post on this forum.
There’s details in the menu under ‘Studio’ Doug…something called Studio Plus. Have a look at that and what it offers for a small monthly or annual subscription. Also, as Andrew points out, it also allows you to offer your work for sale. Dawn Farley, the online editor will I’m sure have something more comprehensive to add to this. Welcome to the site!

Edited
by Alan Bickley

Hi Doug, Welcome to Painters Online! Most of the site is completely free for all artists to use. That includes the gallery, forum, how to, reviews, hub, competitions (some competitions do require an entry fee) and news areas. As mentioned above we do have a paid-for membership called Studio which allows access to a range of additional benefits such as digital copies of both Leisure Painter and The Artist going back to 2015, with the latest issues added monthly, exclusive video tutorials, the ability to mark your work for sale, exclusive tutorials from some of the sites talented artists, exclusive competitions and the opportunity to save anything across the whole site to your own Studio Wall for easy access. A Studio+ membership has all of the above plus paper copies of the magazines posted out each month. Have a good browse at everything we have to offer here on PO and you can also take out a free trial of Studio for the full experience!
Doug, you need to take out a subscription only if you wish to sell using the site’s controls. I.e. you won’t be able to mark a picture for sale until you take out some form of subscription to one of the magazines. You can simply display your work using the same registration you have used to post on this forum.
Andrew Roles on 16/01/2024 08:05:39
Thanks Andrew.  It will be a while before I'll have anything worth selling. I am already subscribed to both Leisure and Artist. Doug

Edited
by Doug Byfield

There’s details in the menu under ‘Studio’ Doug…something called Studio Plus. Have a look at that and what it offers for a small monthly or annual subscription. Also, as Andrew points out, it also allows you to offer your work for sale. Dawn Farley, the online editor will I’m sure have something more comprehensive to add to this. Welcome to the site!
Alan Bickley on 16/01/2024 08:51:43
Thanks every one-it's sinking in a bit now. Doug