Post on Oil Pastels

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
A post, on an old thread, has been reported - not sure why?  
I was also baffled Robert I looked and couldn’t see anything wrong . Maybe a case of touching the wrong button. 
I was wondering the same! 
I’ve had a few problems recently posting on the forum - often takes so long that I leave it a few minutes and come back to it or try to back out of it which can cause it to hang - it does usually eventually post, but a couple of times it’s been with a message thanking me for a report!  I’ve never reported anything, so some kind of system glitch.  The last time was last week, maybe it’s happening to others as well.

Edited
by Jenny Harris

I've been having niggles, usually when I post a new image, it takes an age to deal with it and then says it's failed.  But I've found if I open a POL on another tab, my image is there instantly, while the first tab is still grinding away - buffering.  If I leave the first tab running, eventually it fails...even though my pic has been uploaded.  Maybe this is the cause of multiple postings of the same image I use a desktop PC.  I don't know why this happens, whether it's my PC or a glitch in POL's software.  But POL is the only site where this happens...not that I upload much elsewhere.  It doesn't bother me, because opening a new tab on POL shows me the image is there.
I use an iPad and have found the same when uploading images to the gallery - if it’s taking too long I just go to the gallery and it’s usually there.  With forum posts, though, if I move to another part of the site when it seems to be stuck trying to load, when I go back to the forum my post has just disappeared, so I usually leave it for as long as it takes to load - can be quite frustrating at times.  

Edited
by Jenny Harris

Not that I'm any kind of tech expert, but it could be that the site needs a Spring clean - beyond my ken, I fear. 
I’ve not had a problem until just now when I could not load up to the form I lost the picture and comment .  I then make a comment on the sketch thread and it took ages so I logged out and opened the tread again and there was my comment . All this spam and rubbish that get put on must have bits attached that cling and clog the system well that’s my non technical theory . Back in the 1950/60 my gran alway blamed the Sputniks for any problems with the tv or radio. 
I have also found when uploading a new item on the gallery it takes forever, then usually tells me it has failed, and the problem is with the host site, not me. When I check the item is there as others have said. I think Robert is probably right in saying it must be spring clean time. It can be very frustrating!
The problem could also be the internet connection, there's a lot going on in our environment. For a few months I have had to check the signal strength before posting, If done at the wrong time I have to re write the comment or get a double post when it re connects. I can see right now, the signal has gone... now it is back. I've never had trouble, other than this, when posting, here or in the gallery.

Edited
by Carol Jones

I tend to give up in the early hours, when America wakes up and internet speeds slow to the point of the slowest funeral march.