Photographing artwork

Welcome to the forum.

Here you can discuss all things art with like-minded artists, join regular painting challenges, ask questions, buy and sell art materials and much more.

Make sure you sign in or register to join the discussions.

Hang on Studio Wall
Showing page 2 of 2
I’ve got a Windows laptop and an iMac. If you want the best you need to buy the Mac Book Pro, (or any Mac), the screen resolution is superior and it’s also calibrated so your colours will show up accurately. More money but there’s no comparison! There are some excellent DSLR cameras on the market, you need to photograph in RAW mode, so make sure it has this facility. You can also find some good bridge and compact cameras that will give you high definition, think Nikon and Canon! An alternative is to let your printer take their own photos from your artwork -  it doesn’t cost a lot and you will know that it’s going to be pin sharp and they will do any colour corrections.

Edited
by Alan Bickley

Useful to know that, Alan - I think some laying out of cash is called for, because I've not been happy with the photographs I've taken of my stuff for a while now; maybe using an aged Olympus isn't the answer...  

This post has been removed as it violates our forum rules and guidelines.

Showing page 2 of 2